The TF-Pro with SmartStir sets the standard for excellence in Pool Testing Kits. It contains 7 separate tests to give you accurate readings on each important pool water parameter.
There are FIVE options that can be purchased at a discount when you purchase the TF-Pro. You must order through "Details" to get the discounted pricing.
**The TF-100 uses all reagents from Taylor Technologies. To find out more about the test kit, please look at https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparis
The TF-Pro with SmartStir has combined the best of all residential pool test kits to create the most stunning, accurate and reliable pool test kit available. Testing is most effective when using the Smart Stir magnetric stirrer. The SmartStir is one of a kind magnetic stirring device for more accurate testing results. Everything you need is contained in the custom case. The case and custom insert are waterproof. You will automatically qualify for free shipping with the purchase of the TF-Pro. The TF-Pro conatins:
Contents of TF-Pro with SmartStir test kit:
Magnetic stirring pill-cylinder
R-0600-3/4 oz dropper bottle
R-0014-3/4 oz dropper bottle
R-0007 – 1 oz dropper bottle
R-0008 – 1 oz dropper bottle (dark fluid)
R-0009 – 1 oz dropper bottle
R-0010 – 1 oz dropper bottle
R-0011L – 1 oz dropper bottle (dark fluid)
R-0012 – 1 oz dropper bottle
CYA View Tube with black dot at bottom of tube
R-0003 – ¾ oz dropper bottle
R-0870 Powder - small white jar*
R-0871 – 2 oz white dropper bottle
Graduated Cylinders (2)
R-0013 – 6 oz
Red Tipped CYA Dispenser (please cut off top 1/8” of tip)
Small Blue Spoon (hold flat end and use scoop end)
Laminated instruction card
1. Borates Test Strips - If you use borates in your pool, or plan to, these strips will provide you adequate accuracy to keep your borates around the 50ppm recommended mark. *New Taylor Borate Strips from the industry leader.
2. Taylor Salt Test Strips - If you have a salt pool, testing the salt content of your pool water is very important.
3. The "XL" option - This doubles the volume of the two most expensive reagents. It is a really good way for people with green pools (algae) or performing baquacil conversion to get the extra testing materials they need and save some money doing so.
4. The "Standard Sampler"-Did you ever want to have the answers to the test? Now, you do! Standard Solutions are basically pool water with a set level. Standard solutions provide an excellent way to test your reagent and/or your testing methods. You simply use the Standard solution like it is pool water and perform the test.
The Standard Sampler provides solutions for pH, CYA, TA and CH. It is to be used with Taylor and TF-100 reagents.
5. This pH meter is the perfect device for testing the acidity or alkalinity of liquids. It comes with a small screwdriver for calibration. It is easy to use - simply remove the protective cap and immerse the electrode in the solution to be measured. Included with the meter are 6.86 and 4.01 pH buffers for an calibration. Instructions for calibration are also included with the pH meter.
One year warranty
I have been using my pH meter for two years now and use it more often to test pH than I use the drop test for pH. I can't discern between the colors on the pH comparator block, so the meter gives me a quick, accurate reading without any fuss. It does need to be calibrated (about every 5 months), but it comes with buffer solutions OR you can use the pH standard to calibrate it. It is easy to calibrate it. I highly recommend using it in conjunction with phenol red pH test.
The TF-Pro with SS contains 7 tests
Each test is designed to help you understand the condition of your pool water. Combined, these tests give you a perfect "picture" of your water. The results will let you know, even if your pool is perfectly clear, that you may need to make some adjustments to keep it that way.
(If your pool is a "Green Monster" (algae laden) or suffers from some very noticeable water problems, the XL option will provide you even more of the chemistry you need most to clear your pool quickly. It will also provide you the information needed to analyze what's wrong and help you take the corrective steps necessary.)
It contains 7 tests.....each designed to help you understand the condition of your pool water. Combined, these tests give you a perfect "picture" of your water. The results will let you know, even if your pool is perfectly clear, that you may need to make some adjustments to keep it that way.
The tests are:
- Chlorine Test (OTO) very reliable for detecting the presence of chlorine in your pool - normally used daily. The most common cause of pool water problems is lack of chlorine.
- pH Test - This important parameter of your pool water should be tested frequently. Too high and you can form calcium deposits (scaling). Too low and you can damage your equipment.
- Chlorine Test (FAS/DPD) - This test seperates the TF-100 from cheaper "bargain" kits......most simply do not have this test. Measuring chlorine VERY precisely, even up to 50ppm+, this test is indespensible to a pool owner.....especially when correcting pool water problems.
- Combined Chloramines Test - CC's are a good indicator of the need to shock your pool.
- Calcium Hardness Test - measure the CH of your pool water and your fill water as well. This allows you to control and manage this important parameter. Excessive calcium contributes to scaling and too little can damage your plaster.
- Total Alkalinity Test - TA buffers your pH. While there is a lot of latitude with this parameter, close monitoring (testing) several times during the summer is essential.
- Cyanuric Acid Test - CYA protects your chlorine from sunlight. It must be kept at the proper level to be effective. Again, the cheaper kits do not perform this essential test
All packed carefully in a waterproof leather case with custom insert this kit comes complete with all the chemistry and hardware you need. Thorough instructions will guide you through each test.
TF-Pro test kit tips
- The R-0870 powder is very susceptible to moisture and will absorb it, darken and clump. We find that it still works. Store in a dry place and put jar lid back on immediately after opening. Some people have put a little sealed desiccant pack in the jar insert to prevent powder from absorbing moisture.
- Your testing results will be more accurate if you use the SmartStir for the FAS-DPD test, the CH test, and the TA test. The small white “pill” can be placed in its insert or on the magnetic circle of SmartStir.
- We have two cylinders in the test kit because one should be used for Chlorine testing only. This is because the nature of the R-0870 powder is to stain EVERYTHING (don't spill it). It will stain cylinders, the blue spoon, etc. You can clean them off with rubbing alcohol. Just remember to rinse well after you clean them. You can buy replacements for these at tftestkits.net under "kit hardware".
- The tips of the bottles can pop off and be put back on. Snip the tip off the CYA mixing bottle (it is the one with the red cap on the tip)
- Use the 7.5 ml and 15 ml mark for the TF-Pro view tube and the 15 ml to 30 ml for the TF-100 test kit. The ratio is half pool water to half CYA reagent.
- Please test indoors, you can use one of the 2 ounce CYA reagent bottles as a sample bottle once empty. The red CYA mixing bottle tip will fit on it.
- There is enough room under the SmartStir to fit items like sample sizer
- The Taylor sample sizer (optional item) will not work with and TFTestkits cylinders. But, all cylinders will work with SmartStir.
- As a general precaution, we recommend replacing reagents every year. However, we will guarantee reagents for up to 12 months from date of purchase. If you have a reagent that you think has expired, send back the unused portion and we will send you out a new reagent. Please put date you received test kit here_________to keep up with when to replace chemicals.
- On the back of this paper are two QR codes. One is for the most up to date recommended levels and the other for PoolMath the App. We recommend using these for the best testing practices and most up to date information. If you do not wish to use the PoolMath App, the old PoolMath calculator can be found here: https://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html
- Contact us for any questions at email@example.com