Contents of TF-100 test kit:
K-1000 Test Kit – Blue Plastic Box
R-0007 – 1 oz dropper bottle
R-0008 – 1 oz dropper bottle (dark fluid)
R-0009 – 1 oz dropper bottle
R-0010 – ½ oz dropper bottle
R-0011L – ½ oz dropper bottle (dark fluid)
R-0012 – 1 oz dropper bottle
CYA View Tube with black dot at bottom of tube
R-0003 – ¾ oz dropper bottle
R-0870 Powder - small white jar*
R-0871 – 2 oz white dropper bottle
Graduated Cylinders (2)
R-0013 – 8oz bottle (remove protective seal to dispense)
Red Tipped CYA Dispenser (please cut off top 1/8” of tip)
Small Blue Spoon (hold flat end and use scoop end)
*The R-0870 (DPD) Powder Jar contains a full 10 grams. The jar is intentionally oversized to prevent spilling when you scoop powder from the jar.
1. The Speedstir- I thought this little device was somewhat frivolous until I got one for my kit and started using it....Wow! It really makes the tests more accurate and precise.
2. Borates Test Strips - If you use borates in your pool, or plan to, these strips will provide you adequate accuracy to keep your borates around the 50ppm recommended mark.
3. AquaChek Salt Test Strips - If you have a salt pool, testing the salt content of your pool water is very important.
4. Taylor K-1766 Salt Test AND TF-100 Salt Test- For those with salt pools and wanting more precision than the salt strips can provide. The Taylor K-1766 reagents R-0718 and R-0630 come in 0.75 oz sizes and the TF-100 Salt Test R-0718 and R-0630 comes in 0.5 ounce sizes. They are all Taylor reagents
5. The "XL" option - This doubles the volume of the two most expensive reagents. It is a really good way for people with green pools (algae) or performing baquacil conversion to get the extra testing materials they need and save some money doing so.
6. The "Standard Sampler"-Did you ever want to have the answers to the test? Now, you do! Standard Solutions are basically pool water with a set level. Standard solutions provide an excellent way to test your reagent and/or your testing methods. You simply use the Standard solution like it is pool water and perform the test.
The Standard Sampler provides solutions for pH, CYA, TA and CH. It is to be used with Taylor and TF-100 reagents.
The TF-100 contains 7 tests
Each test is designed to help you understand the condition of your pool water. Combined, these tests give you a perfect "picture" of your water. The results will let you know, even if your pool is perfectly clear, that you may need to make some adjustments to keep it that way.
(If your pool is a "Green Monster" (algae laden) or suffers from some very noticeable water problems, the XL option will provide you even more of the chemistry you need most to clear your pool quickly. It will also provide you the information needed to analyze what's wrong and help you take the corrective steps necessary.)
The tests included in the TF-100 are:
- Chlorine Test (OTO) - Very dependable for detecting the presence of chlorine in your pool - normally used daily. The most common cause of pool water problems is lack of chlorine.
- pH Test - This important parameter of your pool water should be tested frequently. Too high and you can form calcium deposits (scaling). Too low and you can damage your equipment.
- Chlorine Test (FAS/DPD) - This test separates the TF-100 from cheaper "bargain" kits that simply do not have this test. Measuring chlorine VERY precisely, even up to 50ppm+, this test is indispensable to a pool owner, especially when correcting pool water problems.
- Combined Chloramines Test - CC's are a good indicator of the need to shock your pool. The TF-100 can measure CC's down to .2ppm. Cheaper kits will not have the CC's test.
- Calcium Hardness Test - Measure the CH of your pool water and your fill water as well. This allows you to control and manage this important parameter. Excessive calcium contributes to scaling and too little can damage your plaster.
- Total Alkalinity Test - TA buffers your pH. While there is a lot of latitude with this parameter, close monitoring (testing) several times during the summer is essential.
- Cyanuric Acid Test - CYA protects your chlorine from sunlight. It must be kept at the proper level to be effective. Again, the cheaper kits do not perform this essential test
All packed carefully in a customizable, large plastic case, these kits come complete with all the chemistry and hardware you need. Thorough laminated instructions will guide you step by step through each test and provide you with guidelines to tell you what levels are acceptable.
If you would like even more detailed information on the tests, just click on the test kit instructions under "More Info" above and on the left of the screen.
Now, there are six options available for the TF-100 that allow you to choose the things most helpful to your individual pool..........each option is substantially discounted when purchased in conjunction with the TF-100